Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Help with Filtered Search - Predicate options on Search Form

Level 1

Hi we have set up custom predicate options on the search form but when the end user access them through the Filtered Search options and enters in the search criteria, the system only returns exact matches, how do we set it up to search any case match?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Simone,

Out of the box missing this key feature. You should file official support (daycare) request to have this option.    The trick here is in property predicate

• use function  in property name like [1]
  • prefix and suffix % in property value. [2]

Property predicate search component does not have option to mention property value Or the prefix and suffix [2] hence enhancement. You can easily define at project level.

[1]

fn:lower-case(jcr:content/metadata/jcr:title)

[2]
%%

Thanks,

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Are you using OOTB ones or a custom Search Servlet? 

Level 1

I am the Technology Trainer so I am not up on the development of this, but I have found our Tech Design document. So we are using the OOTB functionality and adding more search filters based on our metadata. So we go to the Search Form then we go to the Assets Admin Search Rail and we edit from there.This will open the Search Form Configuration page displaying the list of existing search facets and the ones that have been already been added using the Property Predicate. So it is all setup correctly in the sense of what is being displayed and allowing the end user to search on.

It is just that it only finds an exact match result. Not sure if that helps you understand our setup. Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks

Simone

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Simone,

Out of the box missing this key feature. You should file official support (daycare) request to have this option.    The trick here is in property predicate

• use function  in property name like [1]
  • prefix and suffix % in property value. [2]

Property predicate search component does not have option to mention property value Or the prefix and suffix [2] hence enhancement. You can easily define at project level.

[1]

fn:lower-case(jcr:content/metadata/jcr:title)

[2]
%%

Thanks,

Level 1

Thanks for all the information everyone. I will log a daycare ticket and get some assistance with this.

Cheers

Simone