Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Help needed on how to determine when an instance has been replaced.

Employee

Hello,

As the title says, I'm wondering about what's the best way to to know when an instance has been replaced. There is a pod selection on development console which shows a group of containers that are deployed together on the production environment. I learned that AEMasCS has the ability to replace containers every few hours so to validate that, I take a screenshot from this page to see if the current instance has really been replaced to another one. Is there any better way to lookup when an instance has been replaced? Or do we have history page to view all the previous instance?

Any and all help very much appreciated. 

Thank you!image.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

"Replacing an instance" happens constantly and unpredictably. Your application design needs to support this case on both author and publish.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

@eobaseki  The only best way to know when an instance has been replaced is to monitor the logs and system notifications

Employee

Thank you for replying.

Yes, that is exactly what I had in mind and the logs may be the only option we have. Thank you.

Employee Advisor

No, you (as a user of that service) cannot know that. Also this should be totally transparent to you, and not have an impact on your ability and way to work with AEM as a Cloud Service.

May I ask why this is important for you? Maybe we overlooked a case.

Employee

Thank you for replying.

Actually, we are having some issues integrating salesforce as IdP where end-users are randomly getting logged out from system. We are guessing this might have something to do with AEM instance replacement, so that's why I dropped this question to see if there's any better way to look for instance history.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

"Replacing an instance" happens constantly and unpredictably. Your application design needs to support this case on both author and publish.