Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Help me to Move Aem5.6 user and groups to aem6.3 with all permissions? is that possible?

Level 3

Moving user and groups from aem 5.6 to aem 6.3 only brings over users and not permissions,

so can you help bring over the ACL groups using the methods environment ?

For moving ACLs  ACL Packager  helps to move than what about permissions ....

Thanks

Karthi

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Karthi,

I would recommend to do an inplace upgrade from 5.6 to 6.3 which would automatically migrate the users/groups along with the rep:policy nodes.

Things have changed in-terms of properties around authorizableId/rep:principalName and also incase of LDAP users so if you manually move around the users, things might break in 6.3

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Karthi,

I would recommend to do an inplace upgrade from 5.6 to 6.3 which would automatically migrate the users/groups along with the rep:policy nodes.

Things have changed in-terms of properties around authorizableId/rep:principalName and also incase of LDAP users so if you manually move around the users, things might break in 6.3

Level 3

Thank you all for the response,As suggested solution , help me to migrate the permissions with out any loss.

-Karthi