Expand my Community achievements bar.

Having trouble working within AEM assets and need some help working with permissions

Level 1

Hello,

I need to setup a group and its permissions within AEM, so it has read only access to assets at /content/dam/*, the ability to create collections, and assign assets to collections.

I created a user group, ABCGroup, and I added the following permissions.  I added read-only permissions to /content/dam and write permissions to /content/dam/collections.  I have a test user that is part of the group.  Whenever I login as the user, it shows read-only access to assets (as expected) and, also, read-only access to collections.  This should not happen, since I assigned collections write permissions within the group.  How do I setup permissions within the group, so a user can only have read-only access to assets within /content/dam/* and write permission to collections (/content/dam/collections)?

1 Reply

Level 2
Try this https://techrevel.blog/2018/03/24/restrict-access-to-links-in-global-navigation-panel/.. but i dont think you can create collections without write access to /content/dam/... Try this, give a write access to a folder like /content/dam/xyz.. .now create a collection and see..