Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Having trouble working within AEM assets and need some help working with permissions

Level 1

Hello,

I need to setup a group and its permissions within AEM, so it has read only access to assets at /content/dam/*, the ability to create collections, and assign assets to collections.

I created a user group, ABCGroup, and I added the following permissions.  I added read-only permissions to /content/dam and write permissions to /content/dam/collections.  I have a test user that is part of the group.  Whenever I login as the user, it shows read-only access to assets (as expected) and, also, read-only access to collections.  This should not happen, since I assigned collections write permissions within the group.  How do I setup permissions within the group, so a user can only have read-only access to assets within /content/dam/* and write permission to collections (/content/dam/collections)?

1 Reply

Level 2
Try this https://techrevel.blog/2018/03/24/restrict-access-to-links-in-global-navigation-panel/.. but i dont think you can create collections without write access to /content/dam/... Try this, give a write access to a folder like /content/dam/xyz.. .now create a collection and see..