Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Have an issue with custom DAM metadata in AEM 5.5

Employee

Has anybody else seen this problem in CQ5.5?

Create some custom Metadata settings using these instructions:

Create /apps/dam/content/asseteditors/formitems (copy the form from/libs/dam/content/asseteditors/formitems).Add a new control and set the name to ./namespace:property e.g, ./dam:Example.Save your changes. After saving, all CQ DAM users can view and edit this property.

When I upload an asset to the DAM, I only see the new metadata setting if I disable the default workflow launcher "DAM Update Asset"

If it is enabled then I can only see the default metadata.

Is this a bug?

I see that Service Pack 2.1 has some DAM fixes, but I have not had a chance to see if it addresses this issue.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

hi,

I also had this problem, but when you upload a document(.docx) you can see the new metadata setting.

If you check under path /libs/dam/content/asseteditors, there are other folders like application, image which have their own metadata.

For example if you need to attach new metadata for a .pdf file you need to create new metadata under path

/apps/dam/content/asseteditors/application/pdf/formitems.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

hi,

I also had this problem, but when you upload a document(.docx) you can see the new metadata setting.

If you check under path /libs/dam/content/asseteditors, there are other folders like application, image which have their own metadata.

For example if you need to attach new metadata for a .pdf file you need to create new metadata under path

/apps/dam/content/asseteditors/application/pdf/formitems.