Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Handling individual content within live copies

Level 1

Hi everyone,

we are dealing with some issues managing pages which combine inherited content from the master and individual content. I have made two visualisations which show one of the issues - the process of rolling out teasers and creating individual ones by breaking the inheritance in the live copy component - in a simplified way (we actually have a much larger amount of live copies). I am not sure if the problem is the wrong approach, a wrong setup of these mixed page components or anything else. I can`t find many use cases for experience fragments, but I am wondering if they could help us in this case (by creating a fragment out of the teaser component and creating versions of it - for example for the yellow teasers in my visualisation).

I am very interested in ideas for handling such issues - workflow or setup-related. Thank you!

Zeichenfläche 1 Kopie-100.jpgZeichenfläche 1-100.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I think you are on the right track, experience fragments can help here.

creating workflow will not help until you want to do some automation based on rollout or based on an event.

Experience fragment will help you to do and visualize broken inheritance changes in a faster way.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I think you are on the right track, experience fragments can help here.

creating workflow will not help until you want to do some automation based on rollout or based on an event.

Experience fragment will help you to do and visualize broken inheritance changes in a faster way.

Arun Patidar