Expand my Community achievements bar.

Handle multiple assignees for a workflow item without groups?

Level 1

It appears that work items can only be assigned to a single authorizable. We have a situation where multiple assignees are needed, which could be handled via an ad-hoc group that is created dynamically. Is there a more efficient way to say that User A or User C can claim this particular task, without creating 1,000's of different one-off groups to handle each scenario?

Thanks in advance for your help!

5 Replies

Level 1

Hello Arun,

While that concept seems valid, we only need a single approval. The idea is that both users A and B see that a task is pending, they can then claim/process it, and then it moves onto the next step. I suppose you could assign a task to all users and then go back and delete those tasks once you have a single approval, but that seems to be a good deal of overhead and could also introduce concurrency issues?

Please correct me if I misunderstood the scenario that you pointed me at.

Thanks again,

Michael

Community Advisor

Hi Michael,

Yes, In your case you need to get rid of all the pending left out task. As you said you can delete.

Why not create groups during workflow execution using process step and assign using dynamic participant step.

Once workflow is completed delete group.

This approach could be more clear and would have less overhead.

Just make sure create a common group which have all the necessary permission to work workflow and create group add user from process argument or from other places based on your use case.

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 10

Our Eng team replied:

This feature is not implemented in AEM.  I can’t think of an alternative besides creating temp groups and then removing them when their usefulness is over.

Level 10

We are checking with the Eng team on this - will post back the response.