Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

groupFilter setup in ldap_login.conf

Level 2

Hello,

We have a groupFilter in our Author instance currently configured as such:

groupFilter="(&(objectclass=group)(cn=wcm*))"

How may we change the filter to add the following groups?

ITEmployeesOnly

DRRCorporateEmployees

I tried the following configuration and it did not work.

groupFilter="(&(objectclass=group)(cn=wcm*))(&(objectclass=group)(cn=ITEmployeesOnly))(&(objectclass=group)(cn=DRRCorporateEmployees))"

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Artron

AEM version 5.6

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

use condition like [1] or [2]. Familiarize yourself with ldap syntax will help.  

[1]

groupFilter="(&(objectclass=group)(|(cn=wcm*)(cn=ITEmployeesOnly)(cn=DRRCorporateEmployees)))"

[2]

groupFilter="(&(objectclass=group)(&(cn=wcm*)(cn=ITEmployeesOnly)(cn=DRRCorporateEmployees)))"

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

use condition like [1] or [2]. Familiarize yourself with ldap syntax will help.  

[1]

groupFilter="(&(objectclass=group)(|(cn=wcm*)(cn=ITEmployeesOnly)(cn=DRRCorporateEmployees)))"

[2]

groupFilter="(&(objectclass=group)(&(cn=wcm*)(cn=ITEmployeesOnly)(cn=DRRCorporateEmployees)))"

Level 2

Thanks Sham! I tried it out and had to roll back as apparently those two groups contain other groups which do not meet the above criteria. It's going to require a little more work on my part to figure this out. Your quick reply is greatly appreciated and nudge toward LDAP syntax was needed. Also, enjoyed perusing your blog. Very nice!