Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

GraphQL query working in AEM project

Level 2

I'm working on an AEM project. I'm experiencing an issue, with an API, where I'm not getting data on the dev server, but I'm getting it on the production server. The content and assets in production had been synced to development recently. The code is also in sync. 
Based on the code, I've identified that the required data is fetched using a GraphQL query. Why is there a difference in the data obtained by graphQL query when the data are in sync? Could you please let me know if there is any external database setup to get these data? What can I do to find out? 
I would like to get an idea of how graphQL setup works in my AEM environment.

1 Accepted Solution

Community Advisor

@Anas_R 

Go to General > GraphQL Endpoints

You would see a list like this 

aanchalsikka_0-1701846948890.png

Check with one matches your endpoint.

Select it, and click Edit

aanchalsikka_1-1701847020712.png

You would get the /conf path after "GraphQL schema is taken from configuration"

Aanchal Sikka

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @Anas_R 

Please assure that the Persisted queries are also synced.

Aanchal Sikka

Level 2

@aanchal-sikka I followed the steps mentioned here to sync the GraphQL queries using package manager.
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/headless/graphql-ap...

I couldn't find  a path like /conf/wknd/settings/graphql/persistentQueries.
Where can I find the persisted queries?

Community Advisor

@Anas_R 

You would have persisted queries under you own tenant, like

/conf/<site-name>/settings/graphql/persistentQueries

Just check whats the endpoint you are using. Persisted Queries are stored relative to it

Aanchal Sikka

Level 2

@aanchal-sikka 
I couldn't locate a folder structure like this in my project. The endpoint url we are using looks like this; 

https://123xxxxxx4.execute-api.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/production/graphql

Community Advisor

@Anas_R 

Go to General > GraphQL Endpoints

You would see a list like this 

aanchalsikka_0-1701846948890.png

Check with one matches your endpoint.

Select it, and click Edit

aanchalsikka_1-1701847020712.png

You would get the /conf path after "GraphQL schema is taken from configuration"

Aanchal Sikka

Level 2

@aanchal-sikka There is no endpoints listed here, both in production and development environments.

Anas_R_0-1701847648724.png

Level 6

The URL you mentioned seems to be from external system and not related to AEM
Your project might be using external system for Graphql and not AEM

Administrator

@Anas_R Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

@kautuk_sahni The answers were helpful for me. I could understand the concepts of GraphQL endpoints and also my AEM project is using an external system for GraphQL. But still I don't have a clue what external system is using this. As per the URL I think that this an AWS service. But which service? Also how the AEM - External graphQL system configuration is done. How can I synchronise this GraphQL system between prod and dev environments?