Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Granite UI Workflow Inbox Customization

Level 1

Anyone have any links to information or tutorials on customizing the new Granite UI workflow inbox? With the classic ExtJS inbox a custom dialog for a workflow step could be designated so information relevant to the workflow could be captured. This custom dialog path is then passed along in the inbox list json handler (/cq/workflow/components/inbox/list), which was then picked up by one of the task completion handler scripts (i.e. /cq/workflow/extensions/inbox/tbar/complete.js). With the new Granite UI inbox an item in the notification list on the notification page (/libs/cq/workflow/content/notifications) passes its info to the appropriate item and action handler (for example, selecting a workflow item from the notification list and clicking on the complete button calls the completeworkitem handler in the notifications jcr node). That handler specifies a path to an appropriate granite component (in the case of a workflow item: /libs/cq/workflow/content/notifications/completeworkitem.html). The jcr node there (/libs/cq/workflow/content/notifications/completeworkitem) contains a description of the content to render, but doesn't, as best as I can tell, offer any way to inject custom fields for user input, is there a hook that I'm missing, or perhaps override the node for specific workflows? 

Thanks,

Craig

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

If you are trying to add a custom item in inbox then it should help you : http://cq5customworkflow.wordpress.com/2013/10/22/how-to-build-custom-workflow-and-customize-inbox-i...

I've implemented this in 5.4 though not in 5.6 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 6

If you are trying to add a custom item in inbox then it should help you : http://cq5customworkflow.wordpress.com/2013/10/22/how-to-build-custom-workflow-and-customize-inbox-i...

I've implemented this in 5.4 though not in 5.6