Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Good alternative to JobConsumer in CQ5.5

Community Advisor

Working on the project that uses CQ5.5, Essentially, project requires a queue that is persisted to disk or jcr and works well inside CQ5.5.

Could someone kindly advice me on the best alternative ?

As always waiting for your awesome answer !

Thanks,

Peter

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ended up creating a new TransportHandler and ContentBuilder with a new ReplicationAgent which seems to work fine.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

When working with Jobs and AEM, the best practice is to use Job Manager API to either consume jobs or create new ones. Its recommended that you if want to work with this part of AEM, you use this API. See this AEM topic for more information about this API:

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/current/deploying/offloading/dev-offloading.html

Community Advisor

Hi,

Yes, but this documentation points me to CQ5.6.1 while need 5.5

Just to give you more background on the problem:

1) When someone deactivates a page this event needs to be send to the external system

2) In case when external system is offline the event send command needs to be retried

3) In case when CQ restarts and there were unsent events, CQ should come up with all the undelivered events.

To solve this, was looking at JobConsumer, but then when realized it's not avail in CQ5.5 asked for alternatives.

Peter

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ended up creating a new TransportHandler and ContentBuilder with a new ReplicationAgent which seems to work fine.