Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Getting too many warning logs of emulator in publisher instance for every request impacting publisher and sometimes bringing it down.

Adobe Champion

Hi All,

Currently, in our Prod publishers, we are facing a large number of warning logs for every request which is impacting our publishers heavily.

Example, WARN [19.107.65.92 [1516214634238] GET HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.wcm.mobile.api.device.DeviceGroup getEmulator: skipping emulator [/libs/wcm/mobile/components/emulators/w800], resource doesn't exist.

There is one related thread to it Publish Instance has many Warnings in Log about Emulator where this issue is suggested as Adobe bug and mentioned current workaround is to add a useradmin rule on the publish instances to allow the user group 'everyone' to read /lib/wcm/mobile/components/emulators/ using the /useradmin console.

I want to understand why we getting these mobile simulator issues as we are not using or referencing in the code.

Help and inputs on the root cause/reason for getting these errors will be grateful.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Confirmed - our team said: "To fix you need allow the user group 'everyone' to READ for (/lib/wcm/mobile/components/emulators)"

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Did you try the workaround in that other thread.   

Level 10

I am also checking internally to see if this is a known issue.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Confirmed - our team said: "To fix you need allow the user group 'everyone' to READ for (/lib/wcm/mobile/components/emulators)"