Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

[Getting Started with React and AEM SPA Editor - Chapter 3] - Router error - Target container is not a DOM element.

Level 2

Hello!

I am executing the AEM SPA react tutorial from the documentation below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/br/experience-manager/kt/sites/using/getting-started-spa-wknd-tutorial-devel...

I did everything as documentation is saying, except because I am using updated version to node and npm:

Node: v14.16.1

npm: 6.14.12

Everything is working fine until I install React Router, create RouteHelper.js and update index.js to to wrap the App with BrowserRouter and ScrollToTop components

When I do this, I start to get the error below on my react app (localhost:3000)

elizabethg83724_0-1619735838546.png

When I come back my application to state that was before the instalation of the React Router, everything works again.

Can someone help me? Thanks in advance!  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @elizabethg83724,

Could you please share details of the code on line 13 in index.js file.(The code where the initial error is reported. Per the screenshot posted in the query, initial error is on the line 13) Is it <ScrollToTop> or <BrowserRouter> ?

If possible, share the related code files to debug further. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @elizabethg83724,

Could you please share details of the code on line 13 in index.js file.(The code where the initial error is reported. Per the screenshot posted in the query, initial error is on the line 13) Is it <ScrollToTop> or <BrowserRouter> ?

If possible, share the related code files to debug further.