Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Getting "Invalid recursion selector value 'model' " error after adding a custom component and trying to add the message value.

Level 2

Hi,
I am using AEM 6.5 and following the tutorial https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/spa-angular-tutorial. However after adding custom-component to the page on adding the value I am getting Invalid recursion selector value.

I also checked out the source code from https://github.com/adobe/aem-guides-wknd-spa.git but on deploying it to my AEM instance I am still getting the same issue.

Since I am new to AEM I am not able to resolve it.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I am unable to open the first link, but based on the error it could be that the resourceType resolution is failing? eg pointing to a page instead of page/jcr:content

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I am unable to open the first link, but based on the error it could be that the resourceType resolution is failing? eg pointing to a page instead of page/jcr:content

Community Advisor

Check your custom component for the selector which you are trying to use is not getting resolved.

If u can add ur custom component code then we can help u out more 

Level 2

@Ankur_Khare below is the code for custom component java class:

import org.apache.sling.models.annotations.*;
import org.apache.sling.models.annotations.injectorspecific.ValueMapValue;
import com.adobe.cq.export.json.ComponentExporter;
import com.adobe.cq.export.json.ExporterConstants;
import org.apache.commons.lang3.StringUtils;
import org.apache.sling.api.SlingHttpServletRequest;
import com.adobe.aem.guides.wknd.spa.angular.core.models.CustomComponent;

@Model(adaptables = SlingHttpServletRequest.class, adapters = { CustomComponent.class,
ComponentExporter.class }, resourceType = CustomComponentImpl.RESOURCE_TYPE, defaultInjectionStrategy = DefaultInjectionStrategy.OPTIONAL)
@Exporter(name = ExporterConstants.SLING_MODEL_EXPORTER_NAME, extensions = ExporterConstants.SLING_MODEL_EXTENSION)
public class CustomComponentImpl implements CustomComponent {

static final String RESOURCE_TYPE = "wknd-spa-angular/components/custom-component";

@ValueMapValue
private String message;

@Override
public String getMessage() {
return StringUtils.isNotBlank(message) ? message.toUpperCase() : "";
}

@Override
public String getExportedType() {
return CustomComponentImpl.RESOURCE_TYPE;
}

}

and below is my customComponent.ts file:

import { Component, Input, OnInit } from '@angular/core';

import {MapTo} from '@adobe/cq-angular-editable-components';

const CustomEditConfig = {

emptyLabel: 'Custom Component',

isEmpty: cqModel =>

!cqModel || !cqModel.message || cqModel.message.trim().length < 1

};

@Component({

selector: 'app-custom',

templateUrl: './custom.component.html',

styleUrls: ['./custom.component.css']

})

export class CustomComponent implements OnInit {

@Input() message: string;

constructor() { }

ngOnInit(): void {

}

}

MapTo('wknd-spa-angular/components/custom-component')(CustomComponent, CustomEditConfig);

Employee Advisor

Can you show the detailled error message? I would assume that you are using the "model" selector at the wrong location/resource type.

Level 2
Invalid recursion selector value 'model' Cannot serve request to /content/wknd-spa-angular/us/en/home/jcr:content/root/responsivegrid/custom_component.model.json in org.apache.sling.servlets.get.DefaultGetServlet Request Progress: 0 TIMER_START{Request Processing} 1 COMMENT timer_end format is {<elapsed microseconds>,<timer name>} <optional message> 7 LOG Method=GET, PathInfo=null 8 TIMER_START{handleSecurity} 1388 TIMER_END{1378,handleSecurity} authenticator org.apache.sling.auth.core.impl.SlingAuthenticator@52647b5f returns true 1613 TIMER_START{ResourceResolution} 1737 TIMER_END{122,ResourceResolution} URI=/content/wknd-spa-angular/us/en/home/jcr:content/root/responsivegrid/custom_component.model.json resolves to Resource=JcrNodeResource, type=wknd-spa-angular/components/custom-component, superType=null, path=/content/wknd-spa-angular/us/en/home/jcr:content/root/responsivegrid/custom_component 1748 LOG Resource Path Info: SlingRequestPathInfo: path='/content/wknd-spa-an

Employee Advisor

Hi

1780 TIMER_END{31,ServletResolution} URI=/content/wknd-spa-angular/us/en/home/jcr:content/root/responsivegrid/custom_component.model.json handled by Servlet=org.apache.sling.servlets.get.DefaultGetServlet

2443 LOG Using org.apache.sling.servlets.get.impl.helpers.JsonRenderer to render for extension=json

for me that's the problem, because it should not resolve to the DefaultGetServlet, but to a servlet of the SlingModels package.

At which step in the tutorial does this problem occurr?

Level 2
The problem occured when trying to add any new value to card component

Employee Advisor
Hm, that's strange. According to the information provided the error happens during a GET request, and adding a component is typically handled by a POST request. Can you confirm that your implementation looks like this: https://github.com/adobe/aem-guides-wknd-spa/blob/Angular/extend-json-model-solution/core/src/main/j...

Level 1

I face the issue too, I update components POST request success then call GET request get component update content, but get the err.