Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Getting properties from node and storing in String[]

Level 2

Hi,

I have a component with multifiled (testAppIDs). The multifield data gets stored in form of nodes after Coral 3 migration (item0,item1 etc.). 

ks_hitijingole_0-1623251491719.png

Earlier before Coral 3 Migration Model class had a logic to use the JSON array. I want the model class to use the same logic as the impact might be huge. So now after Coral 3 migration, as I cannot pass testAppIDs using @ValueMapValue , I am trying to create the same String[] by iterating through child node of testAppIDs. 

ks_hitijingole_1-1623251856057.png

Can you help me understand how can I fetch property and value data from the item nodes and put it in testAppIds String []. Sample Data Expected to be stored in testAppIds ->  [{"tapID":"TAP_10050"}, {"tapID":"TAP_10049"}, {"tapID":"TAP_10050"}]

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee
// using gson JsonObject

List<String> tapIds = new ArrayList<String>();

for(Resource item : items.getChildren()) {
     JsonObject itemObject = new JsonObject();
     itemObject.addProperty("tapID", item.getValueMap().get("tapID", String.class));
     tapIds.add(itemObject.toString());
}

return tapIds.toArray(new String[tapIds.size()]);

Should be able to do something like that? i wrote that in the comment field itself, so there might be some syntax issues ... but should give you the gist. You can do it more concisely in a stream, but that's just style.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee
// using gson JsonObject

List<String> tapIds = new ArrayList<String>();

for(Resource item : items.getChildren()) {
     JsonObject itemObject = new JsonObject();
     itemObject.addProperty("tapID", item.getValueMap().get("tapID", String.class));
     tapIds.add(itemObject.toString());
}

return tapIds.toArray(new String[tapIds.size()]);

Should be able to do something like that? i wrote that in the comment field itself, so there might be some syntax issues ... but should give you the gist. You can do it more concisely in a stream, but that's just style.