Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Getting NonExistingResource exception while using resourceresolver resolve method + Adobe 5.4

Level 3

All,

Its a very confusing problem which i am facing. I have following path in cq dam:/content/dam/example/test/language. Inside this path i have json and zip files. In my code i am using resourceresolver.resolve and passing above path along with json file name. When i print the output of above method i get "NonExistingResource", but when i copy the same path on browser i am getting correct json file. Also using DAM i can navigate to that path without any issues. Also, i have few json files in parent folder i.e. in "test" folder which i am able to retreive successfully using resourceResolver.resolve method.

Does anyone faced this issue before? What can be probable cause for this? How do i resolve it?

Adobe CQ version 5.4

Regards,

Mayank

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Why are you trying to adopt json into asset?  It should be something like [1]

[1]   resourceResolver.resolve("/content/dam/geometrixx/documents/GeoCube_Datasheet.pdf").adaptTo(Asset.class)

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Can you please post your code so we can see exactly what you are trying to do. 

Level 3

Sure,

Below is the code:

resourceResolver.resolve("/content/dam/example/test/language/en.json").adaptTo(Asset.class).

Another interesting thing which i noticed when i do

resourceResolver.resolve("/content/dam/example/test/language").adaptTo(Asset.class), i still get NonExistingResource 

Regards,

Mayank

Correct answer by
Level 10

Why are you trying to adopt json into asset?  It should be something like [1]

[1]   resourceResolver.resolve("/content/dam/geometrixx/documents/GeoCube_Datasheet.pdf").adaptTo(Asset.class)

Level 3

Sham,

I need to update json with modified content hence i am adapting to Asset. Anyways i found out root cause, it was due to session getting close in one scenario which was causing this issue. Thanks Sham and macdonald for looking into my problem.

Regards,

Mayank