Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Getting error "Cannot serve request to /siteadmin" on publish

Level 2

After making some changes in CQ configuration I cannot open some pages of CQ.

For instance, I get this error while trying to access /siteadmin or /useradmin page on publish instance

No resource found

Cannot serve request to /siteadmin on this server

I tried to roll over all the changes and restart CQ, but still these pages are not found.

I'm not sure if these pages should even be available for publish instance. 

Could you please tell me if not displaying these pages on a publish instance is a correct behavior of CQ5 or not?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

The short answer is that those pages are not typically exposed on a publish server, but if you know what the URLs are and how to login in you can still generally get to them if you need to. Several questions come to mind:

• Have you looked at error.log and access.log to see if there are any interesting messages when you try to access the path? 
  • What version of CQ are you running? Typically on a publish server you try to suppress the authoring URLs so a URL like siteadmin won't redirect to the login form. Are you sure you are logged in? You may have to go directly to the login form and then try and access the path - the URL of the login form will vary based on which version you are on. 
  • Are you able to access the Felix console? Have you checked the recent requests to see what's happening when you make the request? Also have you checked the resource resolver to verify that /siteadmin is still mapped. If you look at the Sling Resource Resolver page in Felix you should see all the resolver map entries and there should be one there that points to /libs/wcm/core/content/siteadmin. If that is missing that could be your problem.  Does going directly to /libs/wcm/core/content/siteadmin work? 
  • Are you able to access CRXDE Lite, or the CRX Explorer? If so have you verified that /libs/wcm/core/content/siteadmin exists and you still have read permission for it. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 6

This is what you normaly use "Closed User Groups" for. A CUG behaves like a normal group. You define it in author and publish the group and users as any other content. You then select the CUG on the pages that are supposed to be seen.

We apply this concept a lot on our press sites, where different levels of users have rights to see different kind of information depending on their needs. Some users might get access to material months before the rest. So IMHO, you are overworking it a bit.

Correct answer by
Level 8

The short answer is that those pages are not typically exposed on a publish server, but if you know what the URLs are and how to login in you can still generally get to them if you need to. Several questions come to mind:

• Have you looked at error.log and access.log to see if there are any interesting messages when you try to access the path? 
  • What version of CQ are you running? Typically on a publish server you try to suppress the authoring URLs so a URL like siteadmin won't redirect to the login form. Are you sure you are logged in? You may have to go directly to the login form and then try and access the path - the URL of the login form will vary based on which version you are on. 
  • Are you able to access the Felix console? Have you checked the recent requests to see what's happening when you make the request? Also have you checked the resource resolver to verify that /siteadmin is still mapped. If you look at the Sling Resource Resolver page in Felix you should see all the resolver map entries and there should be one there that points to /libs/wcm/core/content/siteadmin. If that is missing that could be your problem.  Does going directly to /libs/wcm/core/content/siteadmin work? 
  • Are you able to access CRXDE Lite, or the CRX Explorer? If so have you verified that /libs/wcm/core/content/siteadmin exists and you still have read permission for it. 

Level 7

You are not supposed to reach the siteadmin on the publish instance. Thats the default behaviour of the publishers.
As far as I know it's only meant to be reached from the author, so don't worry :)

I don't really see why they should be reached either since the definition of the publisher/author relationship in CQ is along the lines of:

• "The authoring environment is where you input content"

• "The publisher environment holds the content for the visitors"

Level 2

Ojjis,

I appreciate your answer, thank you!

To answer your question "I don't really see why they should be reached..."

I wanted to access page /useradmin in order to configure user access policies. I need users only of specified groups to be able to see the page (let's name it mypage). So, I create mypage on publish, then replicate it. But the access policies are different for this page on publish and on author. That's why I need to configure the access polilcies on publish. As far as I understand, the access policies aren't replicated automatically.

Maybe, that's not the best decision, that's just the first thing which came to my mind for testing. 

Level 2

orotas,

Thank you for your answer! It's really helpful. 

It turned out that the problem was in me not being logged in. When I try to access the page /siteadmin on author without logging in, I am automatically redirected to the log in page. On publish it's different - I have to log in first and then go to page /siteadmin, and then it works. Thank you!