Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Getting 403 forbidden error while uploading image to DAM

Level 3

Hi All, 

I am facing an issue while uploading an image to DAM folder. On Dev environment, new userid created with admin rights and kept in admin group, but still issue exists. 

Clearly it is access issue. Any steps which i might missed. Could you please help on this, do let me know if you need any details.

Kind regards,

Pavan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you have issue with admin user itself then you will not work for test user as the user is part of admin group.

Looks like something is wrong. Since you're sayings it's dev environment, is any of other dev users able to upload assets ? If so can you compare the access with working user ids?

did you check error log and see if you can find any error in the logs?

one last thing, create new test user and give Read, Modify, Create, Delete access at the user itself instead of adding the user into admin group and see if that works? so that we can figure out whether it's issue with admin group or not.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @phampi 

you can verify below:

1. Go to http://<hostname>:<port>/useradmin

2. Navigate to the user - Permissions tab and verify the user has Read, Modify , Create access on the DAM path where the user is trying to upload image.

Example : 

SivaPrasadReddyS_0-1637757473828.png

3. Verify whether any of groups (where the user is part of)  doesn't have access to the DAM path. 

Level 3

Hi Siva,

Thanks for quick reply.

I have checked this. UseID having admin rights and also having permission to read and modify.

Is there any alternative way please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Pavan 

Community Advisor

1. Is the user part of any other groups other than admin?

2. does the user able to upload any other OOTB DAM folder paths?

3. can you please share the screenshot with user permissions if possible by striking out client information?

Level 3

Hi Siva,

1. Other group is everyone.

2 .Unable to upload any other OOTB DAM folder paths.

3.Please find attached screenshots.

IMG_20211125_075414.jpg

IMG_20211125_074536.jpg

Community Advisor

Interesting @phampi 

1. are you able to upload assets with admin user?

2. can you try to create new test user and see how it works?

Level 3

Hi @Siva_Sogalapalli 

1. Unable to upload assets with admin users. 

2. Created new test users and provided all access and added it in admin group, still problem exists. 

Kind regards,

Pavan

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you have issue with admin user itself then you will not work for test user as the user is part of admin group.

Looks like something is wrong. Since you're sayings it's dev environment, is any of other dev users able to upload assets ? If so can you compare the access with working user ids?

did you check error log and see if you can find any error in the logs?

one last thing, create new test user and give Read, Modify, Create, Delete access at the user itself instead of adding the user into admin group and see if that works? so that we can figure out whether it's issue with admin group or not.

Level 3

Hi @Siva_Sogalapalli ,

Apologise.

It was the client's policy which was restricting to upload and download. 

Really appreciate your all help.  

Thanks.  

Regards,

Pavan