Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Geometrixx nodes still being showed after uninstalling cq-geometrixx-all-pkg-5.6.12.zip

Former Community Member

Hello all !

I'm new to CQ5 and I had a good company training so far. Now I'm enhancing my knowledge trying to do some things by myself.

I was going through the security check list on adobe website to create a deploy instalation of CQ5. One of the items was to remove Geometrixx example content.

So I went to the package manager on author and had it uninstalled. Everything was fine! Then I tried the same thing on publish and even though package manager

says it is uninstalled, when I go to WCM website, I still see geometrixx nodes. If I click on them (lets say to change content) nothing is showed.

I talked to some co-workers and they have no idea why it is not removing those nodes on publish side.

Maybe you guys have any idea ?

version: 5.6.1

Thank you in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

There is Geometrixx informaiton somewhere - otherwise - it would not be under /apps or /content. 

One definite way to get rid of this sample app is to start over in building your AEM instances, and add 'nosamplecontent' to the runmodes. This would avoid Geometrixx being installed to begin with.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

Are you seeing the content under /apps and /content in CRXDE lite? 

Former Community Member

smacdonald2008 wrote...

Are you seeing the content under /apps and /content in CRXDE lite? 

Yes! I can see the geometrixx content in the CRXDE lite!!

Level 10

Do you see any other Geometrixx packages in Package Manager? On AEM 5.6 -- there are many packages as shown here:

[img]geopackages.png[/img]

Ensure that you have un-installed all Geometrixx packages. 

Former Community Member

Hello, thank you for the reply.

In the package manager, there is only one option for geometrixx. it's geometrixx-all-pkg.

This package includes all the other ones, as you can see in the print screen. (version is 5.6.1)

Level 10

Can you try searching for Geo packages - as shown here:

[img]searchGeo.png[/img]

Also - try clearing your cache and restart CQ. Once all packages are removed - you should not see any content under /apps or /content. 

Former Community Member

Hey there again,

I've done the search and here are the results.

can this package be the problem ? cq-content-5.6.1.20130606.zip 

The thing is that in the author instance, I didn't have to uninstall this guy.

I already tried to restart the instance 2 times. About the cache.. Will CTRL+F5 do the trick ? Because I already tried that.

thank you so far!

Correct answer by
Level 10

There is Geometrixx informaiton somewhere - otherwise - it would not be under /apps or /content. 

One definite way to get rid of this sample app is to start over in building your AEM instances, and add 'nosamplecontent' to the runmodes. This would avoid Geometrixx being installed to begin with.

Former Community Member

Ok, thank you again.

It feels really weird to me that I did the same procedure on author instance and it worked.

I even installed Geometrixx again and then uninstalled again on author instance and it worked nicely.

I will try the nosamplecontent today.

TYVM!