Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Full text search does not return Content Fragment content embedded within a Page

Level 2

Issue: Full text search does not return Content Fragment content embedded within a Page. I am using the core Content Fragment component to include the content fragment in the page.

Environment Details:

AEM version = 6.5.5
Core component version = 2.12.0

Related issue on this forum ( Not answered ): https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/does-aem-query-builder-api...

My analysis so far:

• The core Content Fragment component was moved out of the extensions folder ( i.e. from /apps/core/wcm/extension/components/contentfragment/v1/contentfragment TO /apps/core/wcm/components/contentfragment/v1/contentfragment) starting Core component release version 2.4.0
  • Now when we add a content fragment component onto a page, it does not add a "text" property to the content fragment content node
  • For example, please refer below snapshot:
    image (1).png

• So I installed a fresh a AEM 6.5.5 instance (it embeds Core component 2.3.2 by default).
    When I add a CF component to a page it now adds a text property to the content node & I'm able to run full-text search on CF content included within my page.
    image (2).png
  •  I am not able to figure how this text property is added ( I have compared core CF component version 2.3.2 with higher versions). Would really appreciate any insight this group can provide.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Content Fragments and Pages are 2 different resources within the system.

As Content Fragments have evolved they are also use in headless context. That is they are authored standalone, not in context of an AEM page.

To execute search on both CF and pages, you would need to tailor your query in search in both locations. 

- If a page matches, return result

- If a CF matches, check references and return that page

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

The core component CF and Foundation CF, both works differently.

dam/cfm/components/contentfragment create nodes in a content tree but core components read it from reference similar to experience fragments.

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Thanks for the reply Arun.
But in my case I have never used the foundation CF component.
The fulltext search works fine when I use Core CF component ( version 2.3.2) but does not work if I use any higher version ( I have tried Core CF component version 2.4.0 & 2.12.0)

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Content Fragments and Pages are 2 different resources within the system.

As Content Fragments have evolved they are also use in headless context. That is they are authored standalone, not in context of an AEM page.

To execute search on both CF and pages, you would need to tailor your query in search in both locations. 

- If a page matches, return result

- If a CF matches, check references and return that page

Aanchal Sikka