Expand my Community achievements bar.

Frontend Pipeilne of AEM Cloud Manager

Community Advisor

Hi Team,

Has anyone set up the frontend pipeline in cloud manager?

I know the docs are available and it is easy but we have a submodule repo “common” as well under the main repo which doesn't have ui.frontend.

So when I run the pipeline, it tries to find the package.json under common as well which actually is not available.

But we want the pipeline to read ui.frontend which is in the main repo only.

In the code location option I am putting - /ui.frontend

Thank you

4 Replies

Community Advisor

You should configure the code structure outlined by Adobe for AEM as a Cloud pipeline. Another solution is to push code in your repo and use a build tool for packaging your code to Adobe's recommended code structure in the AEM cloud repo.

Community Advisor

We are using Azure to maintain the client repository. and can't play with code structure.

Is there any other way to do it?

Community Advisor

@Prince_Shivhare 

Is there any module in your repo which has package.json file? 

Fontend module must have package.json file otherwise it is not called as frontend module. Frontend module need not to be ui.frontend which comes as part of by AEM archetype project, it can be any module which has package.json file (npm/node project). 

You need to give path to the folder which has package.json file in frontend pipeline configuration.

package.json is a build file, Forntend pipeline will build the project and it need package.json file to build just like how maven need pom.xml to build the project.
Configure you pipeline accordingly.

Community Advisor

Hey

we have package.json available in ui.frontend module. the question is how do you ignore the submodule while running the frontend pipeline?

thanks