Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Form submit errors out if file upload is more than 100kb - Default Mail Action

Level 2

Hi,

We are using Default Mail Action from AEM and when I use a file more than 100kb in file upload and submit the form, it errors out as below.

Request Entity Too Large

The requested resource
/content/iss/partnernet-lexmark-com/en_us/solutions/advanced-solutions/lexmark-postage-printing/postage-printing-order-form.html
does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.

Is there any specific reason that OOTB Mail Servlet accepts only 100kb. Also want to know if there is any hotfix or do I need to come up with my own servlet for posting large volume of data through Form submit?

Thanks,

Narendra N

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Scott,

The problem is with the webserver which is stopping to send large amount of data in a single request. So I made the required changes in the apache conf file to make it work.

Thank you !!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

I would write your own servlet and front end - similiar to this:

http://scottsdigitalcommunity.blogspot.ca/2013/07/uploading-files-to-adobe-experience.html

Now in this example - notice we use SLign Sevlet to handle a uploaded file. This is what you can do. Change the servlet logic to send email (as opposed to using the ASSET MANAGER API) with the file attachment. You can use Java Mail API to do that.

Hope this helps...

Correct answer by
Level 2

Scott,

The problem is with the webserver which is stopping to send large amount of data in a single request. So I made the required changes in the apache conf file to make it work.

Thank you !!

Level 10

Thank you for posting the solution.