Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

For Experience Fragments, how are locale variations managed in content structure?

Level 7

Say for example, I have an experience fragment for

/content/experience-fragments/my-site/en/subscription-box/master

I have 2 custom languages

/content/my-site/en

/content/my-site/fr-ca

/content/my-site/ja

Am I going to make locale structure (for fr-ca and ja) in the variations, or will I need to copy the entire node structure?

NEW STRUCTURE to handle locales?

/content/experience-fragments/my-site/fr-ca/subscription-box/master

/content/experience-fragments/my-site/ja/subscription-box/master

OR NEW VARIATIONS to handle locales?

example:

/content/experience-fragments/my-site/subscription-box/fr-ca

/content/experience-fragments/my-site/subscription-box/ja

ROLL OUT QUESTION:
=======================================================

When I roll out a page from /content/my-site/en, I want to roll out the path of my experience fragment. Am I expected to see something like this?

Is the out of the box rollout feature going to update the path's to the corresponding folder structure?

/content/my-site/en -> /content/experience-fragments/my-site/en/subscription-box/master

/content/my-site/fr-ca -> /content/experience-fragments/my-site/fr-ca/subscription-box/master

/content/my-site/ja -> /content/experience-fragments/my-site/ja/subscription-box/master

OR

Is the out of the box rollout feature going to update the path's to the corresponding VARIATION?

/content/my-site/en -> /content/experience-fragments/my-site/subscription-box/master

/content/my-site/fr-ca -> /content/experience-fragments/my-site/subscription-box/fr-ca

/content/my-site/ja -> /content/experience-fragments/my-site/subscription-box/ja

ORThis last example, the rollout to pages will retain the master variation, but I am required to write custom CODE, I will point the variations to fr-ca, and ja...

/content/my-site/en -> /content/experience-fragments/my-site/en/subscription-box/master

/content/my-site/fr-ca -> /content/experience-fragments/my-site/en/subscription-box/master

/content/my-site/ja -> /content/experience-fragments/my-site/en/subscription-box/master

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AEMWizard ,

Your experience fragments can follow the same structure as your site, example

/content/my-site/country/language

and 

/content/experience-fragments/my-site/country/language/subscription-box/master

This article might help - https://www.albinsblog.com/2021/10/extend-aem-experience-fragment-localization.html#.Y8CH6-zP0V8

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AEMWizard ,

Your experience fragments can follow the same structure as your site, example

/content/my-site/country/language

and 

/content/experience-fragments/my-site/country/language/subscription-box/master

This article might help - https://www.albinsblog.com/2021/10/extend-aem-experience-fragment-localization.html#.Y8CH6-zP0V8