Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

floating dialog as default

Level 4

Hi,

i need to create a node for each component to set the floating mode for the dialogs.

Is there a way to set this behaviour as default?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

samuel786431 wrote...

I need an approach to avoid the same editconfig inside all the nodes. I dont want to change all the supertypes of the components

Samual,

There is a workaround for this. However, may not be as good as existing solution.

The solution is that Any component dialog which gets open is nothing but an object of Dialog in Extjs and there is a simple way to launch & close it. All you need to do is have peace of Extjs code and get the object of the dialog to close & open it.

It is very similar to what we do when add custom listener functions. Like this. CQ.Ext.getComp("id of cmponnet").

Jitendra

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 9

You can have cq:editConfig at the component level and set the property cq:dialogMode as "floating". 

Here is the good doc for this.

http://blogs.adobe.com/contentmanagement/2011/11/17/how-to-make-the-component-dialog-floating-and-se...

Jitendra

samuel786431 wrote...

Hi,

i need to create a node for each component to set the floating mode for the dialogs.

Is there a way to set this behaviour as default?

Thanks

Level 4

I need an approach to avoid the same editconfig inside all the nodes. I dont want to change all the supertypes of the components

Level 10

There is no way OOB to specific the default mode. It has to be configured for each component creation.

However, you can raise a support ticket with your suggestion for the product engg team.

Level 10

One approach could be is create a component with only editconfig and the mode set to floating and use this component as sling:resourceSuperType in all your component. But not recommended as you may not be able to use any other SuperTypes for your products.

Correct answer by
Level 9

samuel786431 wrote...

Samual,

There is a workaround for this. However, may not be as good as existing solution.

The solution is that Any component dialog which gets open is nothing but an object of Dialog in Extjs and there is a simple way to launch & close it. All you need to do is have peace of Extjs code and get the object of the dialog to close & open it.

It is very similar to what we do when add custom listener functions. Like this. CQ.Ext.getComp("id of cmponnet").

Jitendra