Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Filter Nodes while publishing

Level 4

Hi Everyone,

I have a use case where I have restrict some nodes below the  jcr:content/node1/node2(to be restricted)  when I publish the page.

I tried it using ACL,   restricting the read access on the node to be restricted and the publish the page. I cant see the node in CRX since I don't have permission to read but still when I publish the page everything is getting published.

Can some one tell me a way where I can restrict the node from getting published.

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

at the moment it isn't possible to filter nodes either on the creation of the payload or on unwrapping it on the target system. I would recommend to file an enhancement request in Daycare, if you really need it. At the moment you could use wildcard ACLs on publish to restrict access, if you can model your ruleset accordingly.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

at the moment it isn't possible to filter nodes either on the creation of the payload or on unwrapping it on the target system. I would recommend to file an enhancement request in Daycare, if you really need it. At the moment you could use wildcard ACLs on publish to restrict access, if you can model your ruleset accordingly.

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 10

Hi Krishna,

Writing custom replication agent OR packaging acl then activating are alternatives.

Thanks,
Sham
Twitter: @adobe_sham

Level 4

Hi Sham,

Thanks for the reply.

Now I have my requirement changes. So no worries now :)

Regards,

Krishna

Level 4

Thanks for the reply Jörg .

Solution of restricting access in publish is a good alternative. Not sure we can use it that way.

Regards,

Krishna