Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

FileVault Sync on AM 6.3

Level 2

Is FileVault Sync (from filevault 3.1.38 provided in crx-quickstart/opt/filevault) expected to work with AEM 6.3?

When I try to install the service with

vlt sync --uri http://localhost:4502/crx install

It cannot resolve the default workspace

I then try with

vlt sync --uri http://localhost:4502/crx/server/crx.default install

I get an exception in AEM:

12.09.2017 11:40:30.384 *ERROR* [Thread-1286] org.apache.jackrabbit.vault.util.InputStreamPump Error while processing input stream

java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid block type

at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(InflaterInputStream.java:164)

at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.read(ZipInputStream.java:194)

at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.closeEntry(ZipInputStream.java:140)

at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.getNextEntry(ZipInputStream.java:118)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.vault.fs.io.MemoryArchive.run(MemoryArchive.java:83)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.vault.util.InputStreamPump$1.run(InputStreamPump.java:57)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

12.09.2017 11:40:31.384 *INFO* [OsgiInstallerImpl] com.adobe.granite.installer.factory.packages.impl.PackageTransformer Unable to check content package {}

javax.jcr.RepositoryException: java.io.IOException: Read end dead

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.value.ValueFactoryImpl.createBinary(ValueFactoryImpl.java:291)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.vault.packaging.impl.JcrPackageManagerImpl.upload(JcrPackageManagerImpl.java:218)

at com.adobe.granite.installer.factory.packages.impl.PackageTransformer.checkForPackage(PackageTransformer.java:181)

at com.adobe.granite.installer.factory.packages.impl.PackageTransformer.transform(PackageTransformer.java:130)

at org.apache.sling.installer.core.impl.OsgiInstallerImpl.transformResources(OsgiInstallerImpl.java:946)

at org.apache.sling.installer.core.impl.OsgiInstallerImpl.run(OsgiInstallerImpl.java:280)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Read end dead

at java.io.PipedInputStream.checkStateForReceive(PipedInputStream.java:262)

at java.io.PipedInputStream.awaitSpace(PipedInputStream.java:268)

at java.io.PipedInputStream.receive(PipedInputStream.java:231)

at java.io.PipedOutputStream.write(PipedOutputStream.java:149)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.vault.util.InputStreamPump.read(InputStreamPump.java:100)

at com.google.common.io.ByteStreams.read(ByteStreams.java:828)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.segment.SegmentWriter$SegmentWriteOperation.internalWriteStream(SegmentWriter.java:821)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.segment.SegmentWriter$SegmentWriteOperation.writeStream(SegmentWriter.java:798)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.segment.SegmentWriter$SegmentWriteOperation.access$500(SegmentWriter.java:365)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.segment.SegmentWriter$6.execute(SegmentWriter.java:278)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.segment.SegmentBufferWriterPool.execute(SegmentBufferWriterPool.java:106)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.segment.SegmentWriter.writeStream(SegmentWriter.java:274)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.segment.SegmentNodeStore.createBlob(SegmentNodeStore.java:388)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.core.MutableRoot.createBlob(MutableRoot.java:322)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.value.ValueFactoryImpl.createBinaryValue(ValueFactoryImpl.java:297)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.value.ValueFactoryImpl.createBinary(ValueFactoryImpl.java:289)

... 6 common frames omitted

I try to upload the jar in http://localhost:4502/system/console/bundles

But I get a Whitelist error

I solved that last error thanks to this post: AEM 6.3 migration osgi bundle whitelist error-osgi-service is NOT whitelisted to use SlingRepositor...

And it finally seems to work.

But that's awfully complicated for a documented feature How to use the VLT Tool

Did I miss something?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Our developers are using other editors, so I'd like avoid an editor-specific solution.

And it seems `vlt export`is also not working in some cases, because of https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/JCRVLT

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Why don't you use AEM Plugin in Eclipse and Brackets to sync between your AEM and Workspace.

See here for how to use AEM plugin with eclipse: Getting Started with AEM Sites Part 1 - Project Setup

Anyhow I will look into it whether filevalut works for AEM 6.3

~Ratna

Level 10

I like my custom Java Swing app to move files from Desktop to AEM - i use to upload JS, ZIP, JAR files, etc --

Scott's Digital Community: Creating Java Swing applications that post files to AEM ClientLibs folder...

On AEM 6.3 - you still need to perform White List step too.

Community Advisor

Hi Jeremy

File vault versions above 2.4 are pretty unstable. You can use FileVault (VLT)  2.4 version and it will work proper.

Thanks

Veena

Correct answer by
Level 2

Our developers are using other editors, so I'd like avoid an editor-specific solution.

And it seems `vlt export`is also not working in some cases, because of https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/JCRVLT