Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

File opens instead of downloading in internet explorer in a href link

Level 4

Hi guys,

I have this behavior on the internet explorer where if I click on download button the image will be opened in a new tab instead of prompting the download window.

Does anyone have an idea on how to change this behavior?

On others browser this seems to work just fine.

I'm using the Asset Class to get the asset download link;

path = asset.getPath();

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Can you try to add download attribute in anchor tag and check what is the behaviour

HTML a download Attribute

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Can you try to add download attribute in anchor tag and check what is the behaviour

HTML a download Attribute

Arun Patidar

Level 4

This doesn't seems to be applied in this case since the download attribute isn't supported by Internet Explorer 11.

Community Advisor

Hi,

This is not code issue , this is IE behaviour though you can force image to download by adding content header as download.

Extra header can be added for images on server side as part of HTTP redirect rules.

Arun Patidar

Level 4

I feel like I'm lost here, I can't find anywhere an example for this.

Do you think you can help me with a little snippet?
Ty

Community Advisor

Hi,

Please check for RewriteRule Flags - Apache HTTP Server Version 2.4  Redirect rules

T type is used to set mime type

T|type

Sets the MIME type with which the resulting response will be sent. This has the same effect as the AddType directive.

You can combine the use of Content-Disposition with other content-types, such as image/png or even text/html to indicate you want saving rather than display. It used to be the case that some browsers would ignore it in the case of text/html

Moreover you can set above only for IE browser

Redirect Website Requests Based on the Browser Used (Chrome, Firefox or IE)

Arun Patidar