Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Fetching the Product name from Magento based on the Store value

Level 1

Hi All,

We have extended the Product commerce core component and added the customization. Product name is fetched using the internal query call which will be initiated as part of OOTB feature.

Product component: core/cif/components/commerce/product/v3/product

How to get the respective Product name based on the store value?

@aanchal-sikka @EstebanBustamante @A_H_M_Imrul @Mahedi_Sabuj 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @iamnjain 
If you have 2 stores , then you would need to configure 2 cif configurations under 
tools -> cloud services -> cif configuration -> {select your project configuration folder} -> create
In one CIF configuration set the Language field and then the Store View Identifier wrt the language you set.
You can create as many language specific cif configurations and those will get invoked automatically when you access the magento store for values within those specific language hierarchies.

Also you can confirm the configuration you are using for the hierarchy by going to the page properties -> advanced tab -> cloud configuration

Let me know if this helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

Hi @suguna_p 
I believe you have done the cif configuration in your project.
If not, refer this blog of my colleague to setup cif
https://www.tothenew.com/blog/install-and-configure-the-cif-add-on-in-aem-to-connect-venia-store/
I think your question is how to fetch product information wrt a particular magento store.
After you have configured above steps.
You should be able to view products under 'commerce' tab in Adobe touch UI.
Also after commerce integration you need to specify product page URL and category URL in the home page properties in your site hierarchy.

PulkitVashistha4_0-1696949634654.png

In context of product page , you can drop the ootb Commerce Product Component on that page.
Then on that page editor you can view pdp page for all products via 'View with Product'

PulkitVashistha4_1-1696949815574.png

-->> In case you are trying to fetching product name at clientside, you can use sling delegation pattern to extend sling model of core Product component and export the same using sling exporter.

Community Advisor

Hi @PulkitVashistha4 

Adding info on top of @suguna_p's post.

Magento have 2 stores which is of two different languages and they have product name and other values in two different language. Now, we extended Core Commerce Product Component using Sling Delegation method and when we are overriding getName() method, it's returning default English store product name but we need other language product name under that specific language pages.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @iamnjain 
If you have 2 stores , then you would need to configure 2 cif configurations under 
tools -> cloud services -> cif configuration -> {select your project configuration folder} -> create
In one CIF configuration set the Language field and then the Store View Identifier wrt the language you set.
You can create as many language specific cif configurations and those will get invoked automatically when you access the magento store for values within those specific language hierarchies.

Also you can confirm the configuration you are using for the hierarchy by going to the page properties -> advanced tab -> cloud configuration

Let me know if this helps