Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Fetch node property value of asset whose Properties page is open

Level 6

I have added a new dropdown to the asset Properties page. I have also added a custom validation file to the asset metadata schema. When I select any asset and open the Properties page, the JS file loads. 

I wanted to verify the value of some node properties-value (like title, mime type etc) of the asset whose Properties page is open. But i dnt know how can i get the resource and its property values.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Shaheena_Sheikh 

You can do an AJAX call from your custom JavaScript to get the asset Node values. Try the below code.

let props  = $.getJSON($("form[data-formid]").data("formid")+".infinity.json");

// To get metadanode values
let props  = $.getJSON($("form[data-formid]").data("formid")+"/_jcr_content/metadata.json");

// Get specific property value
let mimeType = props.responseJSON["dam:MIMEtype"];

Hope this works.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Shaheena_Sheikh 

You can do an AJAX call from your custom JavaScript to get the asset Node values. Try the below code.

let props  = $.getJSON($("form[data-formid]").data("formid")+".infinity.json");

// To get metadanode values
let props  = $.getJSON($("form[data-formid]").data("formid")+"/_jcr_content/metadata.json");

// Get specific property value
let mimeType = props.responseJSON["dam:MIMEtype"];

Hope this works.

Can you please provide some link which I can use to explore further more on this one?
Your code sure works but it fetches alot of data in the response. How can i use a loop or something to get details of its children?

Community Advisor
Hi @Shaheena_Sheikh, If you want to get the meatadata node values just use /_jcr_content/metada in place of .infinity. I have updates my answer above check.