Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Favicons not coming fine on Publishers - chrome browser

Level 5

Hi Team,

I am experiencing issue with the favicons on Chrome browser.

Issue description - It is working fine on Firefox, IE and Safari browser. For Chrome browser,  able to see the favicon in Author mode, but not in publisher mode.

If there is any pointer, please suggest.

code in head section:

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="180x180" href="/etc/designs/test-proj/media/icons/favicon/apple-touch-icon.png">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="32x32" href="/etc/designs/test-proj/media/icons/favicon/favicon-32x32.png">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="16x16"href="/etc/designs/test-proj/media/icons/favicon/favicon-16x16.png">
<link rel="manifest" href="/etc/designs/test-proj/media/icons/favicon/manifest.json">
<link rel="mask-icon" href="/etc/designs/test-proj/media/icons/favicon/safari-pinned-tab.svg" color="#111111">
<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/etc/designs/test-proj/media/icons/favicon/favicon.ico">
<meta name="msapplication-config" content="/etc/designs/test-proj/media/icons/favicon/browserconfig.xml">
<meta name="theme-color" content="#111111">

7 Replies

Level 5

Thanks for the reply. I have checked the blog already. The favicons were generated from favicon generator (https://realfavicongenerator.net/) and then the images/icons were added to /etc/designs/{{LOC}} - which is being referred in head.html of Page component.

As I mentioned earlier, the icon is not coming fine on the same page, when it's coming from publisher OR I append wcmmode=disabled in author mode. It is happening specifically on Chrome browser - other browsers- it works fine.

Same favicons were used in one web application and there is no any issues. If any pointers to fix it, please let me know.

Level 10

Are you getting a 404 for the FAV icon in the browser?

Employee

Please make sure that the favicon node in the publishers has jcr:read access for the everyone group. Alternatively, place the favicon file directly on the cache folder and name it favicon.ico

Level 5

Hi everyone. I found the fix to the issue. Actually, my colleagues have used a div tag inside head tag to check some conditions in order to load a script. DIV tag is not allowed in head tag. When I changed the DIV tag to Sly, favicons coming properly on all browsers.

So, I infer that the HTML structure should be proper and it can be ignored by other browsers and not by Chrome.

Thanks for providing valuable points.