Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Failed to install Granite.js into Node.js

Level 1

Hi,

I tried to install Granite.js into node.js using npm, but the installation fails by running into an infinite loop. The slash symbol is rotating for ever!

I used following command: sudo npm install "path to the folder".

I checked the .npm folder and compared it with the folder node_modules of Granite.js . The module node-mk is missing.

In the README of node-mk, I found the information that you need node-gyp (https://github.com/TooTallNate/node-gyp) to install node-mk.  I also installed it, but next attempt ended with same result: Infinite loop.

NPM version: 1.4.21 / MAC

Granite.js: 0.0.1for Mac x64 from the Package Share

How to install Granite.js with npm?

Kind Regards

Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Lastly have you installed GraphicksMagick [1] for image processing? 

I have got this working by directly working with developer & not used github copy. So not sure it is up to date & also read me refer to our internal document which you guys do not have access.   Can you please provide the reference where you seen granite.js is released for public so that I can followup internally?

[1]   brew install graphicsmagick

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Have you installed python, make, and C/C++ ?

Level 1

Yes, all three are installed!

Python: 2.7.5

Make: GNU Make 3.81

C/C++: 4.2.1 / XCode 5.1.1

Correct answer by
Level 10

Lastly have you installed GraphicksMagick [1] for image processing? 

I have got this working by directly working with developer & not used github copy. So not sure it is up to date & also read me refer to our internal document which you guys do not have access.   Can you please provide the reference where you seen granite.js is released for public so that I can followup internally?

[1]   brew install graphicsmagick

Level 1

Graphicsmagick (version 1.3.15) is installed on my system, but gm isn't exposed to the variable PATH of MacOSX.

To your question about public release: I send you an private message with the link.

Patrick