Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

How do I prevent users from deleting a Brand? And how can I recover a brand that was deleted in AEM?

Level 2

In AEM 5.6, if you delete a brand accidentally there is no prompt and seemingly no recovery, undelete, or versioning options in AEM.

I would like to prevent accidental deletes.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

The only out of the box way is permissions. You could deny the delete permission to /content/campaigns to your users and the tell them to start a workflow to delete anything. This would apply to everything under campaigns however not just campaigns. 

As to restoring it my guess is the only way to do so would be from a backup. You could spin up a temporary instance from your back up system, package up the brand, download it and then install it in your production instance. Because /campaigns is not a versionable node you can't use the restore tree function to try and recover the deleted item. 

If the campaign had been activated to publish you might try looking for it on publish, packaging it and downloading it from there.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

The only out of the box way is permissions. You could deny the delete permission to /content/campaigns to your users and the tell them to start a workflow to delete anything. This would apply to everything under campaigns however not just campaigns. 

As to restoring it my guess is the only way to do so would be from a backup. You could spin up a temporary instance from your back up system, package up the brand, download it and then install it in your production instance. Because /campaigns is not a versionable node you can't use the restore tree function to try and recover the deleted item. 

If the campaign had been activated to publish you might try looking for it on publish, packaging it and downloading it from there.

Level 2

I guess that will have to do. That's pretty weak as far as a solution for this problem. Thanks.