Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

External component (OOTB), downloading Static HTML in publisher. AEM6.3.0

Level 6

Hi All,

I have an open regarding OOTB External component from General group, i am using AEM6.3.0

The requirement is I have to include a HTML file to a page, it's like using iframe. Since i am using AEM6.3.0, limited to use OOTB External component instead Embed component.

Tushaar_Infy_0-1589876042818.png

In Author, I can see my HTML file is loading and can see the content of HTML inside External component. i.e. in page source we can see, and can see the content in Author.

<div class="external parbase section">
<iframe src="/content/dam/www/public/us/en/include/html-include-iframe/index.html" width="100%" height="700">
</iframe>

But when I publish this page and in Publisher I can see that particular file (index.html) is downloading to my Local system. (download on each and every refresh/reload of page)

image.png

How should I stop this downloading that is happening only in publisher, and can see the content of the HTML file that is included into iframe/External component

Thanks

@kautuk_sahni  @arunpatidar  @Vish_dhaliwal @ThatDeveloperGuy @dan_klco 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @tushaar_srivastava,

This downloading as attachment behavior is because of the header "Content-Disposition:attachment"

Per the screenshot you have shared, the html file (that you are trying to load inline in page) is available in DAM.

Look for the PID "com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.servlet.DamContentDispositionFilter" in OSGI components console and configure. (exclude text/html type - this header will not be added)

In 6.5.0, it is DAM Safe Binary Filter

ContentDisposition.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you try to add some external url  before trying dam one.

https://google.com

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @tushaar_srivastava,

This downloading as attachment behavior is because of the header "Content-Disposition:attachment"

Per the screenshot you have shared, the html file (that you are trying to load inline in page) is available in DAM.

Look for the PID "com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.servlet.DamContentDispositionFilter" in OSGI components console and configure. (exclude text/html type - this header will not be added)

In 6.5.0, it is DAM Safe Binary Filter

ContentDisposition.png