Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

extension of illegal characters in file upload.js

Level 2

Hi Team, 

I am trying to extend the fileupload.js functionality. There are few more special characters like 'à','ç' (continuous pressing of 'A'/'C' in the keyboard will popup these values). So how can I restrict those values ?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Shetty1191 ,

To achieve this, we would need to overlay the fileupload.js in : /libs/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js/fileupload.js

After overlaying that in apps, you would need to:

Add the values/characters which you need to restrict in the _ILLEGAL_FILENAME_CHARS variable (separate them with ,) on line103. - This is the variable which takes care of all the restricted words. 

I think the DamFileUpload and DamFolderUpload both use this same variable.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Shetty1191 ,

To achieve this, we would need to overlay the fileupload.js in : /libs/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js/fileupload.js

After overlaying that in apps, you would need to:

Add the values/characters which you need to restrict in the _ILLEGAL_FILENAME_CHARS variable (separate them with ,) on line103. - This is the variable which takes care of all the restricted words. 

I think the DamFileUpload and DamFolderUpload both use this same variable.

Community Advisor

give the complete file path which u are trying to overlay ..and what u want to restrict

Community Advisor

ILLEGAL_FILENAME_CHARS: ['*', '/', ':', '[', '\\', ']', '|', '#', '%','{','}','?', '&','à','ç'],

It should work ..please check

Level 2

It is possible to give a regex pattern to it instead of adding all the characters ?

Employee Advisor

Hi @Shetty1191 ,

Please try using the following regex, it covers almost all accented characters:

^[\u00C0-\u00FF]*$

Add this regex to ILLEGAL_FILENAME_CHARS to disallow the accented characters to be used in filename.

Thanks.

Level 2

I gave '^[\u00C0-\u00FF]*$' like this but it is not working @milind_bachani .

Thanks.