Extending Workflow Functionality
This topic describes how to develop custom step components for your workflows, then how to interact programmatically with workflows.
Creating a custom workflow step involves the following activities:
1. Develop the workflow step component.
2. Implement the step functionality as an OSGi service or an ECMA script.
You can also interact with your workflows from your programs and scripts
Workflow Step Components - The Basics
A workflow step component defines the appearance and behavior of the step when creating workflow models:
1. The category and step name in the workflow sidekick.
2. The appearance of the step in workflow models.
3. The edit dialog for configuring component properties.
4. The service or script that is executed at runtime.
As with all components , workflow step components inherit from the component that is specifed for the sling:resourceSuperType property. The following diagram shows the hierarchy of cq:component nodes that form the basis of all workflow step components. The diagram also includes the Process Step , Participant Step , and Dynamic Participant Step components, as these are the most common (and basic) starting points for developing custom step components.
Read Full Blog
Please use this thread to ask the related questions.