Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Extend AEM Core Component Embed!

Level 6

I would like to extend the embed core component to add url processors including vimeo. I proxied the core component to under apps, added an htl template naming vimeo.html under processors. Have also wrote the java class for the processing, which is created under  com.project-name.core.components.embed. I'm not sure whether it's the right location to add the java file, and how will it map to this. Could someone help me with extending and adding a custom url processor. Went through the examples on git regarding pinterest, but for project specific how to do that!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Administrator
Please let us know if you require some more assistance from community here.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 6

Hi @kautuk_sahni . The issue was resolved adding additional cofiguration for vimeo support. The custom URL processor remains a mystery!!

Level 4

Hi @jezwn Could you please guide me how you have added additional configuration for vimeo support by extending core v2 embed component. I am also facing same issue here while extending core v2 embed to add vimeo urls.

Level 6

@supriya-hande Were you able to figure this out? I had implemented this for a former client, and I don't have the exact details on the implementation now, it's been like 4 years. Please let me know if you are still facing the issue, and I can help you resolve. Thanks!