Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Exported Experience Fragment not working in Target

Level 1

I have an experience fragment that I am trying to use in Adobe Target. When I create an activity and choose to replace some content with the exported experience fragment, it inserts this error instead:

Internal Server Error

Cannot serve request to /content/experience-fragments/mysite/us/en/target-test/master.nocloudconfigs.atoffer.html on this server

I'm not sure why it's unable to serve the content. I'm able to see the XF content by visiting that path on both my authoring instance and published instance hostname.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @m900 

Is it the problem with other XFs too or just one?

Have XFs exported from AEM to Target and used in Target earlier too or is this the first time for your AEM setup?

Is this an on-prem setup?

What error shows in the Publisher logs when Target presents this error in the Visual Editor?

Are there console logs in the Target's Visual Editor that complain about this?

There could be many reasons, one of them I could think of is as follows:

XFs export as a fully valid HTML including the <HTML><HEAD><BODY> tags. So, I'm guessing that the issue could be Target is trying to inject the XF from AEM that is a fully qualified <HTML>.

See this section if it helps troubleshoot the issue:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/integration/experience-f...

What this section suggests is to overlay and add some code that will export just the HTML snippet from inside the <body> portion of XF to Target.

regards,

Preetpal

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @m900 

Is it the problem with other XFs too or just one?

Have XFs exported from AEM to Target and used in Target earlier too or is this the first time for your AEM setup?

Is this an on-prem setup?

What error shows in the Publisher logs when Target presents this error in the Visual Editor?

Are there console logs in the Target's Visual Editor that complain about this?

There could be many reasons, one of them I could think of is as follows:

XFs export as a fully valid HTML including the <HTML><HEAD><BODY> tags. So, I'm guessing that the issue could be Target is trying to inject the XF from AEM that is a fully qualified <HTML>.

See this section if it helps troubleshoot the issue:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/integration/experience-f...

What this section suggests is to overlay and add some code that will export just the HTML snippet from inside the <body> portion of XF to Target.

regards,

Preetpal

Employee

Are you able to see the XF Offer in target offers console?