Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Export to target Customization - /libs/cq/experience-fragments/content/commons/targetexporter.html

davidef34326447
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

i have a requirement challenge that i'm try to explain below.

Context:

i have a website that provide content as HTML to different challens (yeah!). that website is online since 6 years (builded in AEM 6.0, migrated in 6.3 and again migrated in 6.5.8).

The multichannel implementation it was based on selectos (e.g. /content/mypage.html -> for channel 1; /content/mypage.channel2.html -> for channel 2)... (legacy implementation :))

The channels rendering changes are delegated to 2 layers:

1) template --> e.g.: to remove header and footer

2) components --> e.g.: to print in page HTML 1 or HTML 2

Challenge

I'm trying to find the best way to provide at Adobe Target the content to use for A/B testing for Channel 1 and Channel 2 and offert to my marketing client the SAME AEM editing functionality limiting, as per possible, the Target VEC Interface to produce new content).

Solution in progress to evaluation:

Use the experience fragments and through the export to target functionalities, maintain the content editing into AEM.

Issue:

I'm not able to find how to export the different renditions (channel 1 and channel 2) of the same components in target.

Simulation:

• XF Master with mycomponent A (with LIVE data entry) that contains the data entry for channel 1 and channel 2 in the same component dialog
    • by default the component is rendered with channel 1 HTML (and data entry)
    • using .channel2. selector, the component is rendered with channel 2 HTML (and data entry)
  • XF Variation A --> with data entry changed for a/b testing 

during the "export to target" of XF variation A, in target is shown the channel 1 HTML. how can i push in target also the variation A as channel 2 HTML?

I'm thinking if/how yo customize the /libs/cq/experience-fragments/content/commons/targetexporter.html servlet.

1 Reply
davidef34326447
Level 2
Level 2
just a bit more: we have tried to manage the channel rendition using "variation as live copy" introducing a page property "channel simulator" to achieve the goal, but we got that the Inheritance functionalities on page properties are not supported in XF live copy: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/experience-fragments-varia...