Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Explain me to understand constraint ? ((?=.*\\d.*)(?=.*[a-z].*)(?=.*[A-Z].*)(?=.*[@#%\\*\\-+=~\\[\\]{}<>\\?].*).{12,})

Level 3

While Creating User am  getting below  Error :

can any one explain me ((?=.*\d.*)(?=.*[a-z].*)(?=.*[A-Z].*)(?=.*[@#%\*\-+=~\[\]{}<>\?].*).{12,}) expression ?

1. javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: Password violates password constraint ((?=.*\d.*)(?=.*[a-z].*)(?=.*[A-Z].*)(?=.*[@#%\*\-+=~\[\]{}<>\?].*).{12,}).

Thanks

Karthi

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

this is a regular expresssion, which describes the format of a password. Looks like you entered characters which are not allowed. I interpret "((?=.*\d.*)(?=.*[a-z].*)(?=.*[A-Z].*)(?=.*[@#%\*\-+=~\[\]{}<>\?].*).{12,})" like this:

The password must consist of at least 12 characters; allowed characters are digits, lower and uppercase latin characters (that means a-z), and the characters "@", "#", "%", "*","-","+","=","~","[","]","{","}","<",">" and "?".

Jörg

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 10

Hi Karthi,

Where are you trying to create the user? Is it within AEM, Adobe Admin Console, Analytics, ect?

Thanks,
Jantzen

Level 3

Hi @Jantzen.Belliston ,

In Aem , tools>security>users while creating the node am getting this Violation error .so i need to understand whta`s this Constraints conveying?

((?=.*\d.*)(?=.*[a-z].*)(?=.*[A-Z].*)(?=.*[@#%\*\-+=~\[\]{}<>\?].*).{12,}).

is thats atleast 2char(combination of Caps and small) + atleast 1 spl char + atleast 1 number and the total is more than 12 ?

Level 10

I've moved this over to the AEM community in hopes that we can get the correct group looking into the issue.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

this is a regular expresssion, which describes the format of a password. Looks like you entered characters which are not allowed. I interpret "((?=.*\d.*)(?=.*[a-z].*)(?=.*[A-Z].*)(?=.*[@#%\*\-+=~\[\]{}<>\?].*).{12,})" like this:

The password must consist of at least 12 characters; allowed characters are digits, lower and uppercase latin characters (that means a-z), and the characters "@", "#", "%", "*","-","+","=","~","[","]","{","}","<",">" and "?".

Jörg

Level 3

I believe you are looking for a good explanation of such Regular Expression and maybe you also wonder what would be a good password that complies with such. Go ahead an paste that Regular Expression at https://regex101.com/ . That website will give you an explanation plus it'll let you test expressions, I've tried something like Julio342**/%$ which does comply with the Regular Expression (-Notice that an Initial Capital letter is required)

Employee Advisor

Hi,

a small question: Where do see that an initial capital letter is required?

Level 3

That's a good question.I meant to say that at least one capital letter is required (?=.*[A-Z].*), in case of the string I tested (Julio342**/%$) I provided first capital letter but it could be any other letter.​

Employee Advisor

Hm, I read the regular expresssion in a way, that any of these characters is allowed, and that no single character class is required.

Jörg

Level 3

Thank you all for the response,As suggested solution to this problem is resolved.