Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Experience Fragments in Target - Configuration to exclude Clientlibs when exporting to Target

Level 2

Currently trying to use exported experience fragments in Target activities, the experience fragments are working, however they include references to the clientlib files that have already been loaded in the page previously.

My experience has been that the experience fragment functions basically as an uneditable piece of HTML that can be used in Target activities as is, but I might be missing something related to the configuration piece.

Is there a setting or configuration on the Target side that I can use to exclude the clientlibs or is this something that would need to be handled by or configured in AEM?

I've searched the community a number of different ways but keep coming up short as far as clear answers are concerned.

Any assistance is much appreciated, thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @targetDev404 ,

I guess XF should be changed only at AEM level because source of code is coming from AEM and I don't think we have configuration for this from target end.

If we don't require clientlibs, we can exclude it before/while exporting to target

1. Either by using page properties and conditionally excluding clientlibs.

2. Or by extending OOTB target transformer code and removing clientlibs tags.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @targetDev404 ,

I guess XF should be changed only at AEM level because source of code is coming from AEM and I don't think we have configuration for this from target end.

If we don't require clientlibs, we can exclude it before/while exporting to target

1. Either by using page properties and conditionally excluding clientlibs.

2. Or by extending OOTB target transformer code and removing clientlibs tags.

Level 2

@Kishore_Kumar_  Thanks for the response, looks like these are the two options.

By any chance do you know where in the documentation I would be able to find specifics about the two options? I am not an AEM developer, I work mostly in Target. 

Any further assistance is very much appreciated.