Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Experience Fragment - Style System Missing For Added Components

Level 2

All,

Perhaps I am missing something very obvious, but I am stumped. I have read through the docs, numerous tutorials, and this forum, no luck.

Problem: When a component is added to an Experience Fragment, we can no longer see that components style system (paint brush). The components and their style system all work perfectly fine when not used in an experience fragment.

Is this just not possible? Have I missed a step in the setup? Am I attempting to do something silly?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @tcline, to use style system on XF you have to set appropriate policy of the component that contains definition of styles. You can easily check what policy is set for given component on XF, to do this please follow below steps:

1. Open your XF
  2. From Page Information menu select Edit Template (this will open new window with template used by your XF)
  3. On XF template in Allowed Components section edit Policy of specific component.
  4. Once Policy view is opened check Styles tab under Properties section - this is a place where you should see list of styles that will be visible when you click on brush icon. You can also check if Policy that is currently selected for given component is the correct one.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @tcline, to use style system on XF you have to set appropriate policy of the component that contains definition of styles. You can easily check what policy is set for given component on XF, to do this please follow below steps:

1. Open your XF
  2. From Page Information menu select Edit Template (this will open new window with template used by your XF)
  3. On XF template in Allowed Components section edit Policy of specific component.
  4. Once Policy view is opened check Styles tab under Properties section - this is a place where you should see list of styles that will be visible when you click on brush icon. You can also check if Policy that is currently selected for given component is the correct one.

Level 2

@lukasz-m Bingo! That was the piece we were missing. Thank you so much. We were able to connect the dots and replicate the component policies from our page template into the experience fragment.

Many Thanks!