Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Experience Fragment - allow specific components to be nested within a component and hide from layout container

Level 10

Hi,

I have a layout container within a template for an experience fragment and added components into it. Now i have a component-A that can have nested components within it. 

This is based on editable templates

Layout container -> contains componentA and component A can have a set of new components that can only be added if component A is dragged. These new components will not be visible in the layout container.

@arunpatidar 

Is there a way to achieve this for an XF based on editable template where components will not be visible for the layout container but only be visible when one wants to add components within component A?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Please find steps for anyone in need and thank you  @aanchal-sikka 

1. Within CRX/DE , created a policy
/conf/XYZ/settings/wcm/policies/XXX/components/content/component/component_policy
with res type - wcm/core/components/policy/policy
components string[] - list of components

2. Create a mapping
/conf/XYZ/settings/wcm/templates/custom_template/policies/jcr:content/root/XXX/components/content/component

res:type - mapping- wcm/core/components/policies/mapping
policy - map it to the policy created above  - XXX/components/content/component/component_policy

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

The components allowed in a container are based on policies.

Assuming componentA is also a container component, one can have separate policies for Layout container and Component A.

By default, the Component List on Left panel will show all components, that should be ok.

You would only be able to drop components in componentA/Layout-container, based on their policies.

Aanchal Sikka

Level 10

Hi @aanchal-sikka  , component A is dragged within the layout container. Is there a way to add policies to component A to be able to drag drop only certain components ? Please let me know

Community Advisor

Add policy to the component via its Editable template. 

- Go to the Editable template

- Click on policy button next to the ComponentA

aanchalsikka_1-1670342597349.png

- Create a policy with the necessary allowed components

Aanchal Sikka

Level 10

I don't happen to see a policy button near the custom component similar to few you have in there 

Level 10

Will post steps. I believe i may have the answer to this.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Please find steps for anyone in need and thank you  @aanchal-sikka 

1. Within CRX/DE , created a policy
/conf/XYZ/settings/wcm/policies/XXX/components/content/component/component_policy
with res type - wcm/core/components/policy/policy
components string[] - list of components

2. Create a mapping
/conf/XYZ/settings/wcm/templates/custom_template/policies/jcr:content/root/XXX/components/content/component

res:type - mapping- wcm/core/components/policies/mapping
policy - map it to the policy created above  - XXX/components/content/component/component_policy