Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

EventHandler not catching events

Level 4

Hi,

I'm trying to post events and have them handled by a couple of services.  I'm using the EventAdmin class to post send the event.  The topic I use is just a string.

My handlers implement EventHandler and its handleEvent method.  I also define the Property annotation, with "event.topics" set to the same topic string used to post the events.  But nothing is ever received.

Do I need to create/configure queues somewhere? Does the topic name absolutely needs to be a FQCN?

Thanx.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

If you look at your code, you can see that you're explicitly declaring this component as a "BiosFactory" service, not an EventHandler.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Look at sample implementation at /apps/geometrixx/src/impl/src/main/java/com/day/cq/wcm/apps/geometrixx/impl/PageEventListener.java

If you do not configure queue use the default one. You can configure it from felix console.

Level 4

I'm confused because I do not understand, I'm doing (at least I think I'm doing) exactly what's in the example.  3 key points:

1. posting the event in a servlet:

eventAdmin.sendEvent(new Event("com/mycomp/corpo/MOVE", properties));

2. implemented a handler:

@Component(immediate = true) @Service(value = BiosFactory.class) @Property(name = EventConstants.EVENT_TOPIC, value = { "com/mycomp/corpo/MOVE", "com/mycomp/corpo/DELETE" }) public class BiosFactoryImpl extends BaseServiceImpl implements BiosFactory, EventHandler { // ... @Override public void handleEvent(Event event) { logger.debug("Handling my event"); } }

3. Configured a queue in the OSGi admin console

[img]Adobe_CQ_Web_Console_-_Configuration-4.png[/img]

Level 4

... and I checked in the OSGi console 'Events' applet to see if my event have been posted, and it's there.  So I think it's something I'm doing wrong with the listener.

Correct answer by
Employee

If you look at your code, you can see that you're explicitly declaring this component as a "BiosFactory" service, not an EventHandler.

Level 4

yeah, got it.  so by leaving the annotation empty, it seem to recognize all the declared interfaces on the class.

Or use the multiple services annotation: 

@Component(immediate = true) @Services(value = { @Service(value = BiosFactory.class), @Service(value = EventHandler.class) }) @Property(name = EventConstants.EVENT_TOPIC, value = { "com/mycomp/corpo/MOVE", "com/mycomp/corpo/DELETE" }) public class BiosFactoryImpl extends BaseServiceImpl implements BiosFactory, EventHandler { // ... @Override public void handleEvent(Event event) { logger.debug("Handling my event"); } }

thank you.