Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

even though replication agent is deleted, job queues still fill up

Level 4

We have this strange problem.  We had a flush cache replication agent on the author. It was disabled. But the associated job queue still accumulate a lot of job, these job obviously failed, and they seem to retry again and again.

Here's a log entry:

10.04.2015 00:00:29.640 *ERROR* [pool-6-thread-18-com/day/cq/replication/job/flush_dispn1(com/day/cq/replication/job/flush_dispn1)] com.day.cq.replication.impl.AgentManagerImpl Job contains agent which is not started: flush_dispn1. waiting ReplicationJob{event=org.osgi.service.event.Event [topic=com/day/cq/replication/job/flush_dispn1]}

Now, since it's unused, we tried deleting the replication agent, but the queue stays there, and jobs still append to it.  What can we do to get rid of this?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Deleting agent does not clear the jobs.  Do not know your aem version to specify the exact path . Clear the job from /var/eventing/jobs or the query to find location is [1]. Clearing it should resolve your issue.

[1]   /jcr:root/var/eventing//*[@event.job.topic = 'com/day/cq/replication/job/flush_dispn1']

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Take a look at this knowledge base article and trouleshooting infomation- see if they help:

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/replication-stuck.html

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/deploy/troubleshoot-rep.html

If this is an issue not in these topics - let us know. 

Correct answer by
Level 10

Deleting agent does not clear the jobs.  Do not know your aem version to specify the exact path . Clear the job from /var/eventing/jobs or the query to find location is [1]. Clearing it should resolve your issue.

[1]   /jcr:root/var/eventing//*[@event.job.topic = 'com/day/cq/replication/job/flush_dispn1']

Level 4

Thanks for the quick answer Scott.

Actually, since the replication agent is gone, how can I delete the queue? I looked for it in the job queue configurations, I cannot find it.

We first thought that by disabling the replication agent it might also disable the job queues, but no. We still got the logs of its attempts.

Level 10

This may be a bug - I will have Sham look at this to see if it's known issue.