Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

\/etc/tags lost during migration to AEM 6.2

Level 4

After AEM migration from 5.6.1 to 6.2 I realized that node /etc/tags was missing. After migration procedure step-by-step check it was found that it was 6.2.0 hotfix 12785 version 7 that removed /etc/tags node.

Is there any change in AEM 6.2 related to tag node location? Is this behavior expected? In our case original content was restored from production and everything seems to be fine.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

After the upgrade, check if the tags were moved under "/var/upgrade/PreUpgradeBackup". I have seen this in the past.  If tags are indeed moved there, you can move back the tags to etc.

During the upgrade AEM will attempt to backup customizations and store them beneath /var/upgrade/PreUpgradeBackup/<time-stamp-of-upgrade>. In order to view this folder in CRXDE Lite you may need to temporarily enable CRXDE Lite.

The folder with the time stamp should have a property named mergeStatus with a value of COMPLETED. The to-processfolder should be empty and the overwritten node indicates which nodes were overwritten during the upgrade. Content beneath the leftovers node indicate content that could not be safely merged during the upgrade. If your implementation is dependent on any of the children nodes (and not already installed by your upgraded code package) they will need to be merged manually.

Check [1] for more details

[1] Post Upgrade Checks and Troubleshooting

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

I am not sure about moving from 5.6.1 to 6.2 but there has been repository restructure moving to 6.4 including the location of etc/tags [1] so the same may have happened in the older versions but I never worked with those versions so I am just giving you an idea that its entirely possible that the same thing has happened:

[1] Adobe Experience Manager Help | Common Repository Restructuring in AEM 6.4

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

After the upgrade, check if the tags were moved under "/var/upgrade/PreUpgradeBackup". I have seen this in the past.  If tags are indeed moved there, you can move back the tags to etc.

During the upgrade AEM will attempt to backup customizations and store them beneath /var/upgrade/PreUpgradeBackup/<time-stamp-of-upgrade>. In order to view this folder in CRXDE Lite you may need to temporarily enable CRXDE Lite.

The folder with the time stamp should have a property named mergeStatus with a value of COMPLETED. The to-processfolder should be empty and the overwritten node indicates which nodes were overwritten during the upgrade. Content beneath the leftovers node indicate content that could not be safely merged during the upgrade. If your implementation is dependent on any of the children nodes (and not already installed by your upgraded code package) they will need to be merged manually.

Check [1] for more details

[1] Post Upgrade Checks and Troubleshooting

Level 4

Thanks! You are right, tags are there as a backup.