Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

\/etc Sling mapping deployment to AEMaaCS

Level 2

Hi,

As the separation of pipeline is available for AEMaaCS to deploy dispatcher configuration, we're having scenarios where we need to make frequent changes to sling mapping and dispatcher config. So, deploying dispatcher config is quick instead of running full deployment. 

Is there any quick way to deploy sling mapping configs as well quickly without initiating the full project pipeline?

Also, just to reconfirm, even in cloud, the sling mapping path remain same i.e. /etc/ and has no restructure for it, right?

Best regards,
Himanshu Singhal 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @zeiss_hs ,

You are right, in AEM as CS, sling mapping path is /etc/map.

There is no way to create deployment pipeline same like we have for Web Tier for dispatchers.

But in AEM as CS,  /etc/ path is considered as mutable content. Hence you can modify it by installing a content package. If you have any changes in /etc/* path, you can simply create a content package using you local packmgr and then install it on AEM as Cloud service package manager. Anyone with appropriate permissions will be able to that. I have verified it in my Cloud service environments.  This is a quick update to your mappings without any deployments.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @zeiss_hs ,

You are right, in AEM as CS, sling mapping path is /etc/map.

There is no way to create deployment pipeline same like we have for Web Tier for dispatchers.

But in AEM as CS,  /etc/ path is considered as mutable content. Hence you can modify it by installing a content package. If you have any changes in /etc/* path, you can simply create a content package using you local packmgr and then install it on AEM as Cloud service package manager. Anyone with appropriate permissions will be able to that. I have verified it in my Cloud service environments.  This is a quick update to your mappings without any deployments.