Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error while replicating few pages in AEM 6.3

Level 3

We recently migrated from AEM 6.1 to 6.3. Activated all the content pages in staging using Activate tree. But found few pages are not replicated to publish.

Tried replicating the page individually it shows page has been published but I don't see them in publish instance. When I checked the replication logs I found below error.

26.10.2017 06:29:36 - ERROR - publish2useast1 : Error while building replication content java.lang.NullPointerException

When I looked into error logs  I see below error.

26.10.2017 06:55:45.873 *ERROR* [10.44.48.201 [1509015345838] POST /bin/replicate.json HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.replication.Agent.publish2useast1 Error while building replication content java.lang.NullPointerException

26.10.2017 06:55:45.873 *ERROR* [10.44.48.201 [1509015345838] POST /bin/replicate.json HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReplicatorImpl Error while building replication content.

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at java.util.Objects.requireNonNull(Objects.java:203)

at java.util.Arrays$ArrayList.<init>(Arrays.java:3813)

at java.util.Arrays.asList(Arrays.java:3800)

at com.adobe.granite.comments.internal.CommentReplicationContentFilterFactory$CommentReplicationContentFilter.accepts(CommentReplicationContentFilterFactory.java:100)

at com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReplicationContentFilterChainImpl.accept(ReplicationContentFilterChainImpl.java:64)

at com.day.cq.replication.impl.content.durbo.DurboContentBuilder.write(DurboContentBuilder.java:492)

at com.day.cq.replication.impl.content.durbo.DurboContentBuilder.write(DurboContentBuilder.java:442)

at com.day.cq.replication.impl.content.durbo.DurboContentBuilder.create(DurboContentBuilder.java:265)

at com.day.cq.replication.impl.content.durbo.DurboContentBuilder.create(DurboContentBuilder.java:141)

at com.day.cq.replication.impl.ServiceTrackerImpl$ContentBuilderWrapper.create(ServiceTrackerImpl.java:257)

at com.day.cq.replication.impl.AgentImpl.buildContent(AgentImpl.java:369)

at com.day.cq.replication.impl.AgentImpl.buildContent(AgentImpl.java:345)

I tried by creating a new page with the same template and replicated it and it is successful. So the issue is not with the template that is used to create the page.

Did anyone else face the same issue?

13 Replies

Level 10

Do you have the required permission for replicate ?

Level 10

This may be an upgrade bug. When we see strange issues like this from an upgraded AEM instance - something may have gone wrong during the upgrade process. I recommend opening a support ticket to see if you require a hotfix.

Level 10

This would not happen on a Fresh instance of 6.3. Therefore - its due to an upgrade bug.

Level 3

We did do upgrade on a Fresh AEM 6.3 instance its not inplace upgrade.

Level 10

If you are logged in as admin - therefore have permissions and following replication docs - there still is a bug somewhere.

Level 3

Looked into the issue and found the issue is because of a component "granite/comments/components/comment" under the page.

But when I looked for the component in /libs /apps I don't see it.

If I delete the component the page is replicated successfully.

I don't see the component in in  6.1 and 6.3 as well but in 6.1 pages are replicated successfully but in AEM 6.3 I am getting null pointer exception.

Level 3

The root cause for the issue comments in sites.html and this is product bug

Steps to reproduce:

1) On a fresh AEM 6.3 instance open sites.html

2) Select any page for example /content/we-retail/ca/en/men

3) On the left side open timeline and post a comment.

4) Verify if the comment is available in crx/de.

5) Try to replicate the page. You can see the page is replicated message but actually, the page will not be replicated and you see null pointer exception in replication log and error logs as above.

This is the reason pages are not getting replicated.

Level 3

Yes, I raised a support ticket. This is acknowledged as product bug and fix is included in AEM 6.3 SP1 CFP1 which might release in late November.

Adobe provided a workaround for this :

- Go to http://host:port/system/console/components

- Look for com.adobe.granite.comments.internal.CommentReplicationContentFilterFactory

- Click on Stop

This resolved our issue.

Level 1

Hi, thanks for posting this. This happens with in place upgrade as well and the workaround suggested fixed the issue. But is this fixed now? can you please provide the support ticket reference.

Level 3

I created a similar Daycare ticket since we had the same issue, and according to them this is fixed in AEM 6.3 SP1 CFP2.