Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Error while adding payload

Level 4

Hello team, we have a custom workflow in which we are trying to add some assets to the payload, and we are getting this error even though the assets are not referenced in the pages. (For example, if page-a.html is added to the workflow and we try to add the image test.jpg, we are getting this error even though test.jpg is not referenced in page-a.html.) Can someone tell me what could be the issue? Thank you!

test1234567_0-1728037192309.png

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, 

Which version of AEM are you using? Are you sure this is not referenced on the page? How are you checking this? Can you provide more details about how you are selecting multiple assets and which UI you are using?

Esteban Bustamante

Level 4

We're using AEM 6.5. I'm sure that the asset is not referenced in the page. I'm adding the multiple assets using the below option(Add Content).

test1234567_0-1728050494126.png

Community Advisor

Hi,

I’m using AEM 6.5.17, and the only way to encounter the error you’re seeing is if the asset or page is already in the payload list. This prevents you from adding the same asset or page twice. For example:

1. Added the asset: /content/dam/demo/icon.png

EstebanBustamante_0-1728061759725.png

2. If I try to add the same asset again: /content/dam/demo/icon.png, I encounter the error, which make sense.

EstebanBustamante_1-1728061891834.pngEstebanBustamante_2-1728061921092.png

Although the error message refers to "pages," it actually pertains to assets when you’re attempting to drop the same asset multiple times. That said, I’ve tested assets that are referenced on a page, and there’s no issue in those cases.

Could you please double-check that the asset you are trying to add is not already part of the payload, as shown in the screenshot above? (Please verify by inspecting HTML that the asset is not present to make sure this is not hidden).

Esteban Bustamante

Level 4

Thanks for your reply. I have verified again the asset(images), the image I'm trying to add is not part of the page and I'm still getting an error.

Community Advisor

Could you try this in a fresh AEM instance? And just to be clear, the error isn’t related to an image referenced on a page; it stems from adding images or pages to the payload list (the screen in the background of the payload selector).

Esteban Bustamante

Level 4

I just checked in other instance(not a fresh instance), I still see the same. Do I need to check any config in the workflow to allow images?

Community Advisor

Are you using any particular service pack? Mine is a fresh AEM 6.5.17 without a custom code and seems ok. 

Esteban Bustamante

Level 4

I'm using AEM 6.5.21.0. Also this issue is only occuring in custom workflow and not for OOTB workflow(ManagePublication).