Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

error in console on opening aem site edit mode /editor.html/content/sites/sample/en.html

Employee

I am facing one issue, I created a single page website using the samples in AEM 6.5 with sp7 but in the console on opening the html page I am getting, "Refused to apply style from 'http://localhost:4502/etc.clientlibs/settings/wcm/designs/social/console/resources.css' because its MIME type ('') is not a supported stylesheet MIME type, and strict MIME checking is enabled." 

2020-12-14 17_59_14-Window.png

What is the cause of this issue and what can be done to avoid this issue? Any help would be great. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@tasunil,

404 not found means that your client library does not exist.

Assuming that you are working on the author as your local development environment, you are logged in as an administrator, accessing /etc.clientlibs/* should not be a problem at all with authentication.

The first thing that caught my eye is, does the client library exist in the JCR? In CRX/DE can you find and resolve, /apps/settings/wcm/designs/social/console/resources.css or /libs/settings/wcm/designs/social/console/resources.css. And is this resource a valid client library?

Secondly, once you locate the resources that generate the client library CSS & JS files, copy the clientlib category. Now, double check if the client library is valid using dumplibs tool, localhost:4502/libs/granite/ui/content/dumplibs.html.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

1) can you check Apache Sling Authentication Service and add allow specific routes to be accessible without authorization:

-/libs/granite/ui

-/apps/granite/core/content

This will enable the CSS.

2) Anonymous user access level

3) Check the .css modified files syntax

4) Minification of css files also some times gives error, try to load full css file / check it by accessing directly with url https://localhost:4502/<path>/file.css

Employee
Hi @SureshDhulipudi, I tried the following steps, but I am still getting the error in the console, I added the paths in the Apache Sling Authentication Service. i did not understand what is to be done with anonymous user access level. this css i have not added so how can i load a full css. and it is saying that localhost page cannot be found at http://localhost:4502/etc.clientlibs/settings/wcm/designs/social/console/resources.css 404

Employee

Hi @sureshd71454102, I tried the following steps, but I am still getting the error in the console, I added the paths in the Apache Sling Authentication Service. i did not understand what is to be done with anonymous user access level. this css i have not added so how can i load a full css. and it is saying that localhost page cannot be found at http://localhost:4502/etc.clientlibs/settings/wcm/designs/social/console/resources.css 4042020-12-15 21_37_13-mRemoteNG - confCons.xml - aemtestmachine iyJcfpncH4v5rMvdKpVO.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@tasunil,

404 not found means that your client library does not exist.

Assuming that you are working on the author as your local development environment, you are logged in as an administrator, accessing /etc.clientlibs/* should not be a problem at all with authentication.

The first thing that caught my eye is, does the client library exist in the JCR? In CRX/DE can you find and resolve, /apps/settings/wcm/designs/social/console/resources.css or /libs/settings/wcm/designs/social/console/resources.css. And is this resource a valid client library?

Secondly, once you locate the resources that generate the client library CSS & JS files, copy the clientlib category. Now, double check if the client library is valid using dumplibs tool, localhost:4502/libs/granite/ui/content/dumplibs.html.

Employee

Hello @BrianKasingli 

The css is not present in either of the two locations /apps/settings/wcm/designs/social/console/resources.css or /libs/settings/wcm/designs/social/console/resources.css

I did not understand the meaning of And is this resource a valid client library?

I simply created a single page using Link and on editing i am getting this error. I have added no custom css. 

Also in the dumplibs there is no /libs/settings/wcm/designs/social/

Only the following are present

2020-12-15 23_09_00-mRemoteNG - confCons.xml - aemtestmachine iyJcfpncH4v5rMvdKpVO.png

and no path is present by this wcm/designs/social

What css should be added so that this error goes away?

Thanks

Community Advisor

@tasunil, in that case the CSS client library that you are trying to resolve, does not exist... you might be missing a package with the installation resources of

/libs/settings/wcm/designs/social/console/*

Community Advisor
if resources.css is useless to you, you can remove the client library from being resolved, from the basePage.html page template... or if you are using editable templates, go into page policies and remove that unwanted client library.

Employee

Hi @BrianKasingli  this is happening with 6.5, 6.5.6 and 6.5.7 with the out of the box communities->sites also so which base template should be edited to fix all these sites

Employee
Also i dont know the use of this as of now, in the restructuring https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/deploying/restructuring/communities-re... it is for g it mentions it is for Classic Communities Console Designs. so is it safe to remove. what is it used for